Bilingual non-profit development consultant
* Development Consultant, Youth Ventures of Colorado, Colorado Springs, CO
* Development Consultant, La Loma High Performance Training Center, San Luis Potosí, México
* Consultant at Berlitz Language Centers San Luis Potosí, México
* VP, Director of Account Services at Idea Worldwide
* Account Supervisor (Exiting Title) at SicolaMartin
* Sr. Account Manager (Exiting Title) at GSD&M, Austin, TX
* Universidad Autónoma de San Luis Potosí, México - Faculty of Medicine (Postgraduate studies 2005-2007)
* The University of Texas at Austin (BA Economics 1992, cum laude)
* Youth Ventures of Colorado: http://www.youthventures.net
* La Loma Altitude Training: http://www.altitudeswimming.com
* Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/meredithroach
LinkedIn Profile: http://www.linkedin.com/in/meredithvingerroach
"If you have come to help me, you are wasting your time. But if you have come because your liberation is bound up with mine, then let us work together." -Aboriginal Activist Group
This eloquent quote reflects what I strive to achieve in my work:
1) Leverage the "do well while doing good" philosophy; a strategic collaboration between private entity's profit-based objectives and a non-profit's mission of social good.
2) Affect change by partnering at the local level to co-create sustainable educational, health and vocational opportunities that empower individuals.
To do this I call on a multi-disciplinary skill set:
a) 11+ years for-profit international business experience including marketing, advertising & branding in US and Latin America,
b) Extensive bilingual science and medical education,
c) Strong background in issues of poverty, health, addiction, women & children in a wide variety of cultural/socioeconomic settings.
Some of my projects include:
- Develop programs, fundraising, volunteer/Board resources for child placement agency to expand services beyond traditional therapy to educational, vocational and recreational opportunities for at risk adolescents;
- Assist in development of municipal library/literacy programs in Guatemala;
- Promote women's rights/education for indigenous in Guatemala;
- Fundraise/PR for housing and medical support of economically disadvantaged children suffering from cancer in Mexico;
- Fundraising/volunteering/blogging for US shoe retailer’s delivery of thousands of free shoes to poverty-stricken children in Argentina.
- Multicultural international experience across socio-economic groups, bilingual (Spanish);
- Utilization of US and Latin American social media outlets to further impact;
- Marketing, advertising, business development strategy with an emphasis on purpose-based branding & measurable outcomes.
UNIVERSIDAD AUTONOMA DE SAN LUIS POTOSI, STUDENT REPRESENTATIVE, Faculty of Medicine, 2005-2006
NEW YORK MARKETING ASSOCIATION – Gold EFFY® - Most Effective National Marketing Campaign - Travel & Tourism Industry - Texas Department of Economic Development, 1999
AMERICAN ADVERTISING FEDERATION – ADDY® awards for clients Southwest Airlines, Texas State Aquarium, Pennzoil, DoubleTree Hotels, 1998-2002
-Member, Centre for Applied Positive Psychology
-Member, Fondo Centroamericano de Mujeres
-Alumna Member, Pi Beta Phi
-Member, USA Swimming