ASIST is a FREE 2-day workshop designed to teach the skills to competently and confidently intervene with a youth at risk of suicide. The workshop prepares Youth Gatekeepers to integrate principles of intervention into everyday practice.
By the end of the workshop, participants will be better able to:
• Reduce attitudinal barriers that hinder the ability to be direct and comfortable with suicidal situations
• Dispel myths about youth suicide
• Identify the indicators to assess suicidal risk
• Intervene with youth at risk of suicide
• Engage in efforts to build collaborative resource networks for suicidal youth
The workshop runs from 7:30 am to 4:00 pm both days. Participants have to be in attendance for the entire time both days in order to receive credit for completing the class.